Betacon could not happen without our amazing volunteers.
Volunteers are scheduled in four-hour shifts and receive discounts/complimentary convention access based on the following:
- Overnight Security Shifts (must be approved by Head of Security)
- Must work two 4-hour shift late night shifts and one other 4-hour shift during the rest of the convention on Friday or Saturday night to receive a full attendee pass.
- Daytime Security Shifts (must be approved by Head of Security)
- Must work four 4-hour shifts to receive a full attendee pass.
- Game Master (must be approved by an area coordinator)
- Must run four 4-hour game modules or board game sessions to receive a full attendee pass.
- General Volunteer (must be approved by volunteer coordiantor or project manager)
- Must volunteer four 4-hour shifts (between 8 am and 12 am) to receive a full attendee pass.
General convention volunteers may not also be security volunteers.
Note: Four hour shifts for general volunteers may also be fulfilled at pre-convention marketing events or tabling opportunities as approved by the CEO/CFO or Head Project Manager.
Volunteers at the convention have access to our staff/volunteer room and also may utilize shared crash space. Volunteers wishing to do so should bring your own shower supplies, overnight bag, and pillow(s).